Saturday, August 19, 2006

Setting Out...

I'm standing at the starting line, about embark on an journey I have long sought to undertake. Since my senior year in high school, I've known that teaching music was something I needed to do with my life. After several stressful semesters, I am finally beginning my career as a music major at UMass Lowell. Sure, I've had to transfer schools and I'm pretty much wiping away four semesters of study at UMass Amherst, but this is an opportunity that I cannot let slip away.

Two weeks and counting.

With the semester fast approaching, I've decided to create a sort of "creative journal" to help me through what is sure to be a stressful year. I hope to use this as a means to reflect on anything related to my progress as a musician, a teacher, and hopefully any other creative endeavors I may undertake. With this in mind, I hope to post here on a semi-regular basis (schedule permitting), and just otherwise provide a means to write and vent about something I'm passionate about.

No comments: